The fire safety audit is a process of examination of the premises and relevant documents that how the premises are managed regarding fire safety.The fire safety audit also includes talking with the staff members to confirm the fire safety awareness level of their premises.
Safety Audit is a form of risk analysis and evaluation in which a systematic investigation.. It is carried out in order to determine the conditions and provide for the development and implementation of an effective and efficient safety policy.
Safety audit ask to see the following documents as evidence
- A suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment by a competent person
- Emergency plans in the event of fire for the premises
- Fire risk assessment
- Staff information on fire safety and dangerous substances
- Preventative and protective measures regarding fire
- Records of staff training and fire drills
- Records of testing and maintenance for the fire safety system, emergency lighting and firefighting equipment
- Fire drills and staff fire training records (who, when, & what training)
- Action plans related to any significant findings of the fire risk assessment
- Fire safety maintenance checklist (what is checked, by who, and when)
And also some other evidence may require based on the premises.
Fire safety audit also check fire detection, warning systems, emergency lighting, sprinkler system, ventilation system, firefighting equipment, electrical wiring, portable appliance testing by a competent person.
The objectives of audit focused on the following in fire audit
- Identifying all significant fire hazards and also risk from each hazard
- Evaluate the existing control measures and passive fire protection systems provided
- Evaluate the general awareness of occupants and security personnel on matters relating to fire safety and rescue operations
- Evaluate the training and instructions on fire safety imparted to the employees and occupants
- Determine the additional control measures required and testing all fire safety equipment and system
- Examine the availability of suitable emergency plan detailing responsibility and action of key personnel
- Review the availability of suitable fire alarm & detection system and facilities such as fire hydrants, fire sprinklers, fire extinguishers etc.
And fire safety audit may also focused on fire alarm, fire extinguisher, fire blanket, fire safety signs, fire risk assessment, safety signs, fire safety training. And also health and safety training, risk assessment, fire training, fire alarm system, fire safety equipment, electrical safety, etc.
We Essa Tech Services provide Fire Safety audit in your premises and visit your site and inspect safety in uniform and carry identification.